Last Updated January 2019
I. Types of Information We Collect
Durabook Americas collects only the necessary and relevant information limited to the purposes that are defined as follows:
Personal Information: Personal information is defined as the identifiable information of an individual, such as name, phone number, and address. In this website, you may provide your personal information in the following sections:
(1) Under the “Contact” webpage of our website, you may leave your personal information in order to contact us.
(2) Under the “RMA” webpage of our website, you may leave your personal information to obtain an RMA number for return service.
(3) Under the “Career” webpage of our website, you may leave your personal information for the employment application.
(4) Under the “Technical Support” webpage of our website, you may leave your personal information to obtain the service supports.
(5) Under the “Environment” webpage of our website, you may leave your personal information to request the shipping label and container for recycling your devices.
Non-Personal Information: Non-personal information may be collected directly from you when you visit our website:
(1) For examples: type of Internet browser and operating system used, IP address, domain name of the Web site from which you came, average time spent on the site, pages viewed. We collected these information to monitor web interaction, analyze trends to improve performance and content and study the needs of customers.
II. Use of the Collected Personal Information
1. Additional Purposes for Using Personal Information
(1) To give you updates and information about the question or service you request
(2) To understand the needs and interests of our customers, and improve our products and services. We may use the collected information to provide and improve the products or services we offer. This may include maintaining and improving the performance of the products, developing new features, conducting research, and providing customer support
(3) To maintain the functionalities and security of this website.
2. Use of Your Personal Information within Durabook Americas
To provide you with our best products and service, Durabook Americas may share your personal information with our affiliates. Affiliates in this context are the companies controlled or owned by us, or the company controls or owns us. This website is built in United States; however, if you are a visitor from any country outside of United States, the information you submit or the communications between you and Durabook Americas will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international boundaries. By using this website, you have already consented to the transfer of personal information across international boundaries.r
3. Sharing Personal Information with Third Party Service Providers
We share your personal data with your consent or as necessary to complete your request of product, service or communication. To better assist your needs, we may have a third party to help us with some services, such as service providers for shipment, payment services providers, after-sale repair services, website maintenance, marketing service and analysis. We may share your personal information with them to provide you with better services. However, we will require the third parties to agree and to keep your personal information in strict confidence, and they are required to comply with the safeguards of this policy. Also, these third party service providers will only have access to the personal information that is required to perform their functions, and they are not allowed to share or use that personal information for any other purposes.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information as Required by Law or customer protection.
Your personal information may be disclosed to comply with applicable laws and regulations. We may disclose your personal information to protect our customers, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks.
5. Cookies Used for Automatic Collection of Personal Information
Cookies are small text files that are downloaded on your computer by the websites that you visit. They are designed to make websites work and work more efficiently, and also provide some information to the owner of the website. We do have cookie technology used on our website. However, you can manage and remove them through your browser.
We use session and performance cookies to collect information about how you use this website and to collect information on whether you experience any issues/errors during your visit to the website. For example, the cookies we use on our website allows us to count the webpage clicks and the duration you have viewed specific webpages, to collect the IP addresses of visitors, etc. The cookies we use will only remain in your browser during your browser session, but not after you leave our website.
6. Delete and Manage Cookies: You may delete and manage the cookies mentioned above by following the instruction below:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- FireFox: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Apple Safari: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
Please note that if you disable cookies, certain sections of our website may not work properly.
III. Your Consent to Collect and Use the Information
IV. Protection and Retention of the Collected Information
With respect to your confidentiality, Durabook Americas makes our best effort to maintain the security and confidentiality of personal information we collect from you. To safeguard your personal information, Durabook Americas provides the industry standard security technologies to store your information and prevent unauthorized access from any third party. Also, Durabook Americas restricts its own employees’ access to your personal information. Only authorized employees in the company are allowed access to the stored information and make changes using the collected information. In any event that Durabook Americas decides there has been a security breach that threatens the security of your personal information, Durabook Americas will notify you immediately via email or any other methods if possible, and Durabook Americas will also announce the security breach on its website with regards to the situation of the breach.
By using this website, you acknowledge and understand that the security of personal information you submit online cannot be 100% guaranteed. To the extent permitted by law, Durabook Americas is not responsible for the misuse, loss of, or unauthorized access to your personal information. However, Durabook Americas will try with its best efforts to maintain the security of your information that is collected.
The retention of the personal information you submit is only for as long as necessary for the purpose it’s submitted, unless otherwise required by applicable laws for longer retention period. We may retain records for the following duration:
Employment application and related documents for 5 years.
Customer or visitor communications or technical support for 5 years
System use for 3 years
V. Your Rights to Access, Amend, Remove or Remove the Use of the Collected Information
You may have the right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you. You may also have the right to amend or correct the information kept in our records, and you may request to know how your information has been used and who your personal information has been disclosed to by Durabook Americas. Also, you can specifically request Durabook Americas not to share your personal information to its affiliates or any third parties or restrict the use of the personal information you sumbit. If you would like to access or amend your personal information which was collected by Twinhed, to confirm your privacy choice, or to request Durabook Americas not to share your personal information to any person(s), please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
VI. California Privacy Right
According to the law, residents of California can request from a business to provide certain information with respect to the types of personal information the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes.
To request a copy of the above information, please contact email@example.com.
If you are in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), and you think your data protection rights have been breached and cannot be resolved by us, you can lodge a complaint with your national Data Protection Authority (DPA). You can find the DPA where you reside in the link: https://ec.europa.eu/commission/sites/beta-political/files/national-data-protection-authorities-jan_2018_en.pdf
VIII. Contact us